If you’re looking for a bit of wanderlust inspiration you’ve come to the right place! As I get ready to go on my next long term trip, I’ve found myself daydreaming of countries I have yet to see. I heard the idea of seeing 30 countries before turning 30 and there has never been a challenge I was more willing to accept than this. I’m nearly halfway there and have 8 years to finish it off. (side note I’m literally sitting in the airport right now because my flight got delayed and made me miss my connecting flight, yay travel!)
The first 13 are places I have already crossed off the list:
- Greece – The country that started it all for me. Athens, Olympia, Mykonos, Santorini, I could go on for days about why it’s one of my favorite countries in the world.
- Italy – I’ve been to Rome and Capri but have an undying need to see Milan.
- England – Home to London, my absolute favorite place and one city I hope to call my permanent home in the near future.
- France – The food, oh my god the food. Never have I had such amazing bread and pastries. I’d love to go back and maybe experience the countryside someday.
- Spain – Barcelona was probably the craziest city I have ever been to, so I decided to give Spain another try and move to Madrid for a few months.
- Canada – Vancouver felt just like the US, only with nicer people, I’d love to head over to Toronto, though.
- Mexico – Rocky point was a little bit crazy for my liking but hey, what else would I expect from a college spring break.
- The Netherlands – Not what I expected at all unfortunately, I’d love to go back when the tulips are blooming and give it another shot.
- Belgium – I think I spent a total of 4 hours in Bruges and seriously want to head over to Brussels the next chance I get.
- Puerto Rico – Ok so I know this is technically part of the US, but going there felt like a completely different country…and I totally need to make this list more realistically do-able 😉
- St. Maarten – Made me realize that I could soooo do island life for a while.
- Turks & Caicos – Another place where it wasn’t what I expected but I’m happy I got to see it. I think it may have been tainted by my experience of getting pulled out into the ocean in a kayak unable to make my way back to shore.
- St. Thomas – My first time seeing a nude beach and I wish I remembered more about this island than that but hey.
And here are the places I’ve been dreaming of going lately:
- Portugal – I just spent hours Pinterest searching things to do in Lisbon and drooling over pictures of the beaches there.
- Scotland – I wouldn’t be a Robertson if I didn’t want to go explore all the castles of Edinburgh or head to Glasgow to try some Scotch whisky.
- Iceland – I mentioned it in an old post, but ever since seeing one of my fave movies, I’ve wanted to go here. It’s actually probably in my top 3!
- Croatia – Yacht week 2017. Need I say more?
- Morocco – I can’t even remember the name of the city, but there’s a spot that has blue buildings and architecture and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
- Russia – The desire to go here has been a long one, probably sparked by my middle and high school obsession with Regina Spektor. How amazing would it be to see all of those colorful rooftops and domes in person?!
- Sri Lanka – Truthfully this is only on my list because a friend said it’s where they want to go next. I know nothing about it besides how beautiful the pictures of it on Google are.
- Germany – I stopped at Frankfurt airport once, does that count? Seriously though, what kind of list would this be without saying I want to go to Oktoberfest.
- Ireland – I really wish I got the chance to go here and see the Cliffs of Moher during my time abroad, will definitely be going there soon.
- Hungary – This was the one place I promised myself I would go to when living in London, I neeeed some Budapest in my life!
- Thailand – I feel like I’m a Europe kind of girl but there is an appeal to see parts of Southeast Asia and Thailand is at the top of that list.
- Bali/Indonesia – One of the most gorgeous places in the world, just has always been interesting to me.
- Peru – Kind of like Oktoberfest, Machu Picchu has to be on the list.
- Australia – The accents, the beaches, what more could I want? ALthough, hard pass on the spiders.
- Switzerland – After an episode of The Amazing Race I promised myself I would go paragliding in the Alps
- Czech Republic – Prague seems to have some of the most beautiful looking architecture I’ve ever seen (through pictures of course)
- South Africa – I’ve heard such wonderful things about the wildlife there and would absolutely die to go on some sort of safari!
What places are you looking to cross of your list? Let me know! x